Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Fresh start, new beginning.

It's been well over two years since I've last blogged. Since then lots has changed. I've graduated with my first associates degree. I've started a new job. I've stepped down from the new job. We have gotten small successes for 2's skin and major answers for 1's different quirks. 3 is still trucking along hanging on for the ride. It's been a rollercoaster. 
Their dad has taken a small hiatus. Our mutual decision. Things were toxic. I was toxic. There comes a point where you need to step back and look at yourself. If you're unhappy and its radiating off of you and causing issues for others then you definitely need to make some changes. I was at that point. I've never felt so angry but miserable at the same time. He was reacting so fiercely that it was an all out battle over the stupidest things. I'm not sure things will be repaired or if this is just a new way of life for us. Either way the last 3 weeks have been a breath of fresh air for me. It's hard to balance the 3 minis with all of our appointments and getting enough play time but he's been good at helping out as he can. 
1 was diagnosed with SPD (sensory processing disorder) it was amazing how many answers this gave us!! We figured out that a lot of his different behaviors and struggles in school were linked to the SPD. His school year was a living hell. That seems like an extreme explanation but it truly was. He was acting out, unable to sit still, and socially struggling. A majority of the schools response was aiming towards bad parenting and the necessity to medicate. I struggled from a moms point of view because it truly felt like I was failing as a parent. Why couldn't I control my son?? Well it turns out he can't even control himself. Big shocker there. I am still struggling with the schools lack of support!! 
2's skin is still a mystery. I am 99.9% sure it is in fact caused by the sun. It is legitimately the only thing that makes sense. We will be going to a new allergist in July and I will be standing strong and forcing them to test further. We have however managed to come up with some sort of regimen that at least keeps him mostly comfortable throughout the day. It takes 3 steroids, 2 tablet antihistamines, 1 liquid antihistamine, and a nasal spray but yeah doctors he's totally normal...my son should be a walking pharmacy! Don't get me started on the insurance/pharmacy leg of this adventure. I have had it with them!! 
3 has gotten her acceptance letter to school! She will start in the fall and I'll begin subbing at her and 2's school a few days a week! I am looking forward to starting a new adventure! It will be rewarding to have a hands on part in their education. I am truly looking forward to it.
Now that I've written out a quick little catch up I will be able to make posts that make sense with where we stand now. Onto summer 2016 ✌🏻️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment